Injured in an Accident? We Are Here To Help!
We work with attorneys and insurance companies to get you the care you deserve. Call today to schedule a consultation to answer any questions you may have. This service is always provided at no cost to you.
(If you would like a free auto accident glove compartment guide, email us at email@example.com or call 562-907-7700 and we would be happy to send one out to you.)
What to do if you suffer an auto accident injury:
- Immediately seek care for your injuries. Even a minor car accident can cause a major shock to the body. Insurance companies generally assume that if you don’t seek care immediately following an accident, that you aren’t really hurt. Even if you feel your pain is slight, or something just doesn’t feel right – go to the hospital or see a doctor as soon as possible to get yourself checked out.
- Report the accident injury immediately to the police and your insurance company. If the accident occurred on someone else’s property, inform the owner immediately.
- Do not give statements about your accident to anyone other than the police, and if you have one, your attorney.
- Consult an attorney. It’s important you know your rights and make sure you are not taken advantage of. Insurance companies unfortunately often times seemingly care less about making sure you get better and more about paying a minimal amount for doing so. We would be happy to provide you with a short list of reputable attorneys with extensive experience. Often times an attorney will also provide you with an initial consultation free of charge. At Back Body Mind Chiropractic obtaining maximal improvement, physically and mentally, following and accident is our #1 priority.
- Once under Chiropractic care, whether an attorney is involved or not, do not miss scheduled appointments. If you do, this says to the insurance company that you feel your injuries are not that serious and/or you are not putting forth your best effort to get well.
What To Do After An Auto Accident:
- Stop and remain calm. Although it is easy to get frustrated after an accident, the best course of action is to stay calm and get the information you need.
- Call 911. Even if there are no injuries, it is still important to report the accident. Cooperate and answer all the officers questions truthfully. It is recommended to avoid admitting fault or discussing the accident with any other parties. You may discover later that you were not in the wrong and/or the other driver was also at fault.
- If you are injured: Tell law enforcement immediately. After an accident you may feel compelled to say you are “okay” or “fine”. However, if you think you may be injured, it is important to say so. After the accident seek care immediately as your injuries could be worse than you think.
- Take Photographs. Take pictures of the accident scene and the damage to your vehicle.
- Call your insurance company. Report the accident to your insurance company. It is recommended that you do not admit fault before consulting with an attorney. If your car needs repairs, remember California law says an insurance company cannot require your vehicle to be repaired at a specific repair shop.
Remember, when it comes to your health and well-being, nothing is trivial!